Employment opportunity: Production Assistant
Salary: £16,000.00 to £22,000.00 / year
MAIN PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE ROLE
We are looking for a full time production assistant in a small but busy photography studio. This role needs someone supremely organised, who loves nothing more than managing spreadsheets, colour coding jobs and folders, and who is comfortable handling multiple projects and juggling ever-changing deadlines and demands. You will be confident, computer literate and have an interest in the creative / photographic industries. You will also have excellent written English and a great phone manner.
You will work directly with the two business owners to help shape our studio systems and therefore our productivity levels.
You will need a full driving license and your own vehicle.
We are a small photography business that combines the experience of two individuals – photographer and designer. Our growth has been fast, and our client base is increasing each month. We run a small busy studio just outside Lewes, handling shooting, retouching and supply of thousands of images per month.
We shoot fashion, interiors, lifestyle and product photography, with a particular emphasis on food & drink photography. We also shoot images for stock, and our own personal projects and libraries.
- Creating and maintaining organised and clearly labelled file structures, working simultaneously on multiple file formats, and keeping accurate progress records of active jobs.
- Managing the stock library database, including uploading new images, categorising and indexing online.
- Handle customer emails including assisting with quotations and general queries.
- Check and help customers formalise their briefs – checking that all props needed are ordered or collated, printing briefs, referring to previous shoots for the client and creating job bags ready for the photographers to work from. Often this will involve a lot of customer liaison, and sometimes competitor research in order to advise customers of the most suitable route.
- Using photoshop to assist with basic retouching and clean up of images where necessary (full training given).
- Keep the studio tidy and assisting with general studio tasks as needed including steaming clothing in preparation for a shoot, cleaning or unpacking products ready to shoot, packing products and organising couriers for their return, and general ad hoc administration.
- Excellent phone and email manner – confident and polite dealing with clients
- Impeccable organisational skills and ability to multitask and prioritise
- Can do attitude – this job is incredibly varied and needs someone happy to muck in with all levels of tasks
- Eye for detail and creativity
- Photographic knowledge a bonus
- Experience in a similar organisational role – at least 1 year’s work experience
HOW TO APPLY
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter and your CV.